SANTA ANA, Calif. – A serial arsonist was charged today with setting six fires in Mission Viejo.
|Defendant||Charges||Maximum Sentence||Court Date|
|Jack Frye, 19, Lake Forest||Charged on April 6, 2018, with the following felony counts:
||11 years and eight months in state prison||Arraignment
April 6, 2018, time to be determined
Department CJ-1, Central Justice Center, Santa Ana
Circumstances of the Case
- At the time of the crime, the defendant was a former student of Mission Viejo High School (MVHS).
- Between March 28, 2018, and April 4, 2018, Frye is accused of lighting multiple fires at MVHS and one fire at the Kaleidoscope shopping center in Mission Viejo.
- On March 30, 2018, the defendant is accused of unlawfully attempting to enter MVHS and attempting to set fire to a structure on campus.
- On April 4, 2018, the defendant is further accused of attempting to light a van on fire near MVHS. Undercover investigators from the Orange County Sheriff’s Department (OCSD) located Frye and arrested him at the scene.
- OCSD and Orange County Fire Authority investigated this case.
Prosecutor: Deputy District Attorney Jeffrey Kirk, Special Prosecutions Unit
Orange County District Attorney / Case # 18CF0943 / April 6, 2018