SANTA ANA, Calif. – A second striker was convicted and sentenced to 44 years and four months in state prison for forcibly raping a woman who offered to give him a ride home from the grocery store.
|Michael Curtis Hernandez, 41, Tustin||Pleaded guilty on Sept. 22, 2017, to the following felony counts:
|44 years and four months in state prison
Mandatory lifetime sex offender registration
Circumstances of the Case
- At approximately 6:20 p.m. on Dec. 1, 2013, Hernandez approached 21-year-old Jane Doe, who was walking out of a grocery store in Orange, and asked her for a ride home.
- Jane Doe agreed to drive Hernandez to his home in Tustin.
- When Jane Doe arrived to the defendant’s home, Hernandez forced the victim inside and repeatedly sexually assaulted her.
- At approximately 3:00 a.m., the victim was able to escape and reported the sexual assault to the Tustin Police Department (TPD), who investigated this case.
- TPD arrested Hernandez on Dec. 5, 2013.
Deputy District Attorney Rebecca Reed of the Sexual Assault Unit prosecuted this case.
Orange County District Attorney / Case # 13CF3815 / September 25, 2017