CORRECTION: The next court date is for pretrial hearing.
Six grand jury indictments unsealed today charge 31 alleged gang members with participating in a residential burglary ring that targeted dozens of elderly and Asian victims across the county, the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office announced.
The defendants face a total of 93 felony counts, including criminal street gang conspiracy; home invasion robbery; first-degree residential burglary; first-degree residential robbery; first-degree burglary, person present; elder abuse; torture; and mayhem. The charges include gang and gun allegations.
Twenty-two defendants pleaded not guilty and denied the allegations today. A pretrial hearing is scheduled for April 5 in Department 100 of the Foltz Criminal Justice Center.
From October 2017 through December 2018, the defendants allegedly committed burglaries and robberies at residential properties from Santa Monica and Beverly Hills to communities in the San Fernando and San Gabriel valleys, prosecutors said. The indictments identify 69 victims.
The men are accused of burglarizing and robbing primarily elderly and Asian residents at their homes, in some cases attacking the victims.
The six cases and the defendants who were arraigned are:
- Hassan Murphy (dob 11/22/99) of Hawthorne
- Jshawne Lamon Daniels (dob 10/5/98) of Los Angeles
- Damaji Corey Hall (dob 11/30/99) of Los Angeles
- Lance Williams (dob 1/20/00) of Los Angeles
- Dekell Wright (dob 9/27/96) of Compton
- Elan Lamberto Gabourel (dob 8/3/93) of Hawthorne
- Tyress Williams (dob 8/30/99) of Van Nuys
- Joseph Holley (dob 2/22/96) of Bellflower
- Demonte Jordan Sears (dob 8/27/95) of Los Angeles
- Anthonyo Sanders (dob 10/10/98) of Los Angeles
- Kimya Wilson (dob 3/1/98) of Los Angeles
- Deanthony Lamart Chatman (dob 5/14/91) of Inglewood
- Deondra Devon Johnson (dob 9/6/94) of Los Angeles
- Akeem F. Lauriano (dob 12/11/90) of Lomita
- Scotty Richardson (dob 1/15/89) of Los Angeles
- Verlton Glaspie (dob 8/2/99) of Los Angeles
- Brandon Laititi (dob 8/31/93) of Carson
- Ron Simmons (dob 10/22/98) of Los Angeles
- Eric Harris (dob 7/5/98) of Gardena
- Donnie Faizon (dob 1/29/97) of Los Angeles
- Devin Garner (dob 12/28/93) of Los Angeles
- Tyshon McKinney (dob 7/12/98) of Los Angeles
The nine other defendants charged in the indictments were not yet in custody.
The indictments supersede eight cases in which some of the defendants already had been charged: BA472671, BA473578, BA472573, BA471860, BA471656, BA467202, GA102808 and PA089668.
If convicted as charged, all of the defendants face a possible maximum sentence of life in state prison.
Deputy District Attorneys Richard Ceballos and Christopher Baker of the Organized Crime Division are prosecuting the cases.
The cases remain under investigation by the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department and the Los Angeles, Torrance, Beverly Hills, Santa Monica and Arcadia police departments.