SANTA ANA, Calif. – A man was sentenced today to 80 years to life in state prison for sexually assaulting a 7-year-old and a 13-year-old girl.
|Jose Luis Gonzalez, 65, Anaheim||Found guilty by a jury on June 7, 2017, of the following felony counts:
|Benjamin Avila, 31, Anaheim||Pleaded guilty on April 14, 2015, to the following felony counts:
Circumstances of the Case
- Between April 1998 and January 2000, Gonzalez was in a position of trust and sexually assaulted 7-year-old Jane Doe 2 multiple times.
- In March 2013, Avila contacted Jane Doe 1 online and groomed her for a sexual relationship.
- Between March 2013 and August 2013, the defendants committed lewd acts on 13-year-old Jane Doe 1 on multiple occasions.
- Avila manipulated the victim to have sex with both of the defendants.
- In October 2013, the contact between Jane Doe 1 and the defendants was reported to the Orange County Sheriff’s Department, who arrested the defendants.
Prosecutor: Deputy District Attorney Michael Carroll, Sexual Assault Unit
*Co-defendant sentenced to 15 years in prison in 2015 for lewd acts against one of the victims
Orange County District Attorney / Case # 13HF3224 / September 8, 2017