SANTA ANA, Calif. – A man was sentenced to 26 years in state prison today for trafficking, pimping, and pandering a 16-year-old girl in Santa Ana.
|Isaiah Rene Harris, 27, Hawthorne||Pleaded guilty on April 6, 2018, to the following felony counts:
Prior serious and violent felony convictions
Circumstances of the Case
- Harris is a human trafficker/pimp who exploits women and/or children for financial gain. The victims are required to turn over all payment they receive for sex acts from sex purchasers to their pimp.
- Between Aug. 1, 2015, and Aug. 15, 2015, Harris trafficked 16-year-old Jane Doe and persuaded her to engage in commercial sex acts in areas known for prostitution and human trafficking in Santa Ana.
- The defendant collected earnings the victim received from engaging in commercial sex.
- On Aug. 15, 2015, Harris drove a vehicle with Jane Doe sitting in the passenger seat and committed a traffic violation on Harbor Boulevard and Hazard Avenue in Santa Ana.
- A Santa Ana Police Department (SAPD) officer conducted a traffic stop on the defendant’s vehicle.
- SAPD arrested Harris after further investigation and discovering evidence within his vehicle consistent with prostitution and human trafficking.
- While in custody at Orange County Jail, Harris contacted another person and repeatedly directed her to make contact with the victim to ensure that she did not testify or cooperate with law enforcement.
Members of the Orange County Human Trafficking Task Force (OCHTTF) and the Orange County District Attorney’s (OCDA) Office work proactively to protect women and minors from falling victim to commercial sexual exploitation. This case was investigated by OCHTTF, a partnership between Anaheim Police Department, California Highway Patrol, Costa Mesa Police Department, Homeland Security Investigations, Huntington Beach Police Department, Irvine Police Department, OCDA, Orange County Sheriff’s Department, SAPD, and community and non-profit partners.
Prosecutor: Senior Deputy District Attorney Daniel Varon, HEAT Unit
Proposition 35 and HEAT
To read more about California’s anti-human trafficking Proposition 35 (Prop 35) and the OCDA’s Human Exploitation and Trafficking (HEAT) Unit, please visit www.orangecountyda.org and select Human Trafficking Information from the Media Center drop down menu.
Orange County District Attorney / Case # 15CF2100 / May 11, 2018