|SANTA ANA, Calif. – A man was sentenced to 219 years and four months to life in state prison today for repeatedly sexually assaulting four girls over the course of 17 years.
|Martin Rodriguez Garcia, 51, Las Vegas, Nevada
||Found guilty by a jury on Nov. 29, 2017, of the following felony counts:
- (15) Lewd acts upon a child under 14
- (2) Assault with the intent to commit rape
- Assault with the intent to commit digital penetration
- Lewd acts upon a child
- Aggravated sexual assault of a child
- 219 years and four months to life in state prison
- Mandatory lifetime sex offender registration
Circumstances of the Case
- The defendant was in a position of trust with access to the four victims, whose ages ranged from 6 to 14 years old at the time of the repeated sexual assaults.
- Between 1994 and 2001, Garcia committed lewd acts on Jane Doe 1 starting when the victim was 5 years old. The defendant forcibly sodomized the victim during that time.
- On multiple occasions between 1996 and 2003, the defendant assaulted Jane Doe 2 with intent to commit rape and digital penetration, starting when she was 7 years old.
- Between 2004 and 2006, Garcia committed lewd acts on Jane Doe 3, who was 13 years old when the assaults began.
- Between 2004 to 2011, the defendant sexually assaulted Jane Doe 4, including orally copulating the victim. She was 7 years old when Garcia began abusing her.
- In 2015, one of the victims reported the crimes to the Huntington Beach Police Department (HBPD). HBPD investigated this case and arrested the defendant in Las Vegas.
Prosecutor: Deputy District Attorney Bobby Taghavi, Sexual Assault Unit