SANTA ANA, Calif. – A former Santa Ana High School (SAHS) science teacher was convicted yesterday of having sex with an underage female student inside of his classroom.
|Defendant||Charges||Maximum Sentence||Court Date|
|Alvar Albert Gonzalez, 66, Santa Ana||Pleaded guilty yesterday to one felony count each of:
Aug. 25, 2017, 8:30 a.m.
Department C-57, Central Justice Center, Santa Ana
Circumstances of the Case
- At the time of the crime, Gonzalez was a science teacher at SAHS and also ran an anime club at the school, which included students outside of his science class.
- On several occasions between Sept. 1, 2013, and June 30, 2014, Gonzalez met with a teenage female student, who was a minor, and had sex with her in his classroom.
- On one occasion, the defendant recorded a sexually explicit video of the victim.
- On Dec. 17, 2014, another student reported experiencing possible inappropriate contact by Gonzalez which led to an investigation by SAHS administrators, who then contacted SAPD.
- During the investigation, SAPD discovered the victim in this case and arrested the defendant on Sept. 4, 2015.
Prosecutor: Deputy District Attorney Jenn Schaniel, Sexual Assault Unit.
Orange County District Attorney / Case # 15CF2324 / June 29, 2017