SANTA ANA, Calif. – A man was sentenced to 50 years to life in state prison today for shooting another man in a park in Anaheim in 2015.
|Adam Jay Stone, 31, Anaheim||Found guilty by a jury on April 25, 2018, with one felony count of:
Sentencing Enhancement Found True:
|50 years to life in state prison|
Co-defendant Ransom Cook, 28, Westminster, pleaded guilty on Dec. 17, 2015, to one misdemeanor count of being an accessory after the fact and was sentenced to one year in county jail and three years of formal probation.
Circumstances of the Case
- On the afternoon of Jan. 7, 2015, Cook drove Stone to Twila Reid Park in Anaheim.
- At approximately 4:50 p.m., Stone left the vehicle armed with a loaded firearm and shot 29-year-old victim Alexander McMoore once in the head.
- Stone ran back into the vehicle and both defendants fled the scene.
- The Anaheim Police Department (APD), who investigated this case, was contacted by witnesses following the shooting.
- APD officers were able to locate the defendants and arrested them later that evening.
Prosecutor: Senior Deputy District Attorney Steve McGreevy, Homicide Unit
Orange County District Attorney / Case # 15NF0081 / June 29, 2018