SANTA ANA, Calif. – A Laguna Hills criminal defense attorney was convicted today of sexually assaulting a woman and violating his position of trust.
|Defendant||Charges||Maximum Sentence||Court Date|
|Adam Rudnick Stull, 56, Ladera Ranch||Found guilty by a jury today of two misdemeanor counts of:
||One year in county jail
Register as a sex offender pursuant to PC 290
Aug. 22, 2018, 1:30 p.m.
Department N-14, North Justice Center, Fullerton
Circumstances of the Case
- At the time of the crimes, Stull was an active member of the State Bar of California and working as a criminal defense attorney in Orange County.
- The defendant had previously worked as a deputy district attorney in Kern County in the 1990s but was terminated after being convicted of having unlawful sex with students he met while coaching mock trials. Stull later had the conviction expunged in Orange County. The defendant’s license to practice law was temporarily suspended following his conviction, for more information please visit: http://members.calbar.ca.gov/fal/Member/Detail/139121
- Prior to November 2017, the defendant gained Jane Doe’s trust through his position as an attorney.
- On Nov. 7, 2017, Stull touched the victim’s buttocks with sexual intent against her will.
- On Nov. 20, 2017, the victim reported the incident to Orange County Sheriff’s Department, who investigated this case.
- At trial, the jury believed the victim and found Stull guilty of two misdemeanor counts of sexual battery.
Prosecutor: Deputy District Attorney Mike Carroll, Sexual Assault Unit
Los Angeles District Attorney / Case # 18HF0174 / July 19, 2018